The fuel dispenser is the most integral part of your business as it represents the connection point between your product and your customers’ vehicles. For your business to be profitable, you must have the best fuel dispensers to provide efficient and accurate service to your customers, with the ability to control inventory and obtain essential data to manage your operations. Whether building a new location or upgrading an existing one, GP Energy can set you up with the best fuel dispensers to meet your profitability goals. If you’re reviewing your options, here are tips for the features to look for in a fuel dispenser.
- Speed. Your customers don’t want to wait at the pump. Commercial drivers need to get back on the road to their destinations efficiently, and consumers are in a hurry to get to work or finish errands. Having a system that will fill quickly sets you apart from the competition. When people know it will be quick to stop at your location, they will choose you more often to fill up their tanks. Look for hydraulic systems and meters with high flow rates. Internal filters also control the capacity, so those with high-quality designs that allow for more flow will get more gas through the hose faster.
- Accessibility. Customers look for fuel dispensers that are clean and easy to use. The process must be simple and seamless, from inserting a payment card to selecting the fuel and operating the pump. It’s also important to look for pumps that meet strict ADA-compliance standards, so every customer who visits you experiences the same convenience. When it’s easy to use the pump out front, your customers will likely come into your convenience store and make a purchase.
- Security. Your operations are open to many risks, from payment card fraud to fuel theft. All these take away profits from your bottom line and cause insurance rates to increase. Modern units have new security innovations to disable dispensers from unauthorized access and meet payment card compliance requirements. You’ll keep your money and customer data safe with top-of-the-line units.
- Flexibility. Your fuel dispensers should allow you to choose the right products to meet your customers’ demands. Look for dispensers that will enable you to offer a variety of diesel and DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) dispensing configurations for your product lineup. You should be in control of what you stock, not the dispenser. The fuel dispenser should also be equipped to meet the changing climate of your area, from the coldest low temps to the hottest highs.
- Reliability. No one wants to make an investment in equipment just to have it break down or require replacement quickly. Take a good look at the construction of the pumps, the use of metals versus plastics, and the inclusion of tempered glass. Ask about the testing of meters in extreme temperatures. Once you put your time and effort into a new build or replacement, you want to be able to count on having working units for years to come.
If you’re wondering what you should look for in a fuel dispenser, our team at GP Energy can help.
Succeeding in the convenience store industry is challenging. By partnering with GP Energy, we can help your business unlock its potential with new opportunities and achieve unimaginable success. Our experienced team can assess your business and the markets in each location and recommend improvements to add more profits to the bottom line. Contact us today, and let’s get started.